You know how sometimes you find yourself randomly clicking and realize that you have about 24 windows open and you start closing them and you’ll see something that piques your interest and you’ll click on it and then all of a sudden you have 53 other windows open and you can’t even remember what you were looking for in the first place? Well… firstly, of course I’m exaggerating about the numbers here and secondly, this was supposed to be an intro to get you to read this old post of mine from Old One Wink at a Time and I got sidetracked way back, like halfway through the first sentence.
Anyway, before I get an aneurysm, click here and read this. I don’t even remember posting it but I think it’s funny as heck. Mostly the ensuing comments, I mean. Feel free to share your own total (again or for the first time.) I’ll warn you now, it might take a few minutes. More if you’re honest… 😉
Lawgirl over at Renewal tagged me in this meme. (Awhile back but I just found it last night, sorry, LG)
1. Mention the person who nominated you. Be sure to check out her blog. That would be Lawgirl.
2. List six unimportant things that make you happy.
- Waking up with the sun shining in my window.
- When the phone rings and it’s one of my kids.
- A hug for no particular reason.
- Driving with the sun roof open and some good music.
- Morning coffee on my back porch.
- An uninterrupted night’s sleep.
3. Tag six blogs, state the rules and notify them with a small comment on their blog. (I’m not into putting pressure on people, so tagging ain’t my bag. Feel free to do it if you like. Just let me know so I can check it out in a reasonable time frame.)
…anyone is curious about the song/artist I posted about the other day, Jeff promptly answered correctly and will soon be the new owner of the Veruca Salt cd that I don’t particularly care to own. *wild applause for Jeff*
For some piss-me-off reason, WordPress is no longer an option on YouTube for sending videos. I have to go raise some hell about that. In the mean time, you can click here to see the answer.
(Scratch the raising hell thing. I see that there is a feature here on my dashboard that should enable me to post video… I hear you snickering!)
PS Yes, I looked like the chick in the video on our first date. Stop snickering.
Tell Santa what you would like for Christmas this year. You can be all philosophical and philanthropic if you’d like, but it’s more fun to just be honest 😉
Me, I would like:
- a stack of iTunes cards about four inches high
- to fit into my skinny jeans
- tickets to the Airborne Toxic Event show in March
- a vacation
- health and happiness for friends and family
- and of course, world peace
* * * * * * this would have looked real pretty the whole way across, huh?
Number One: I’d like to put my blog roll back up. I don’t have any Bookmarks saved here in my laptop yet and it’s a pain in the ass tracking down your damn blogs. (please know I was being a smart ass there merely for effect. but it truly is a pain in the ass…) So I ask you this, may I put you (or at least a link to your blog) back on my sidebar? If you don’t answer me, I’ll assume that you’d rather not be there. And you know how I hate to assume things.
Number Two: You know when it’s cold out and you exhale, you can see your breath? Why isn’t there a word for that. I’ve wracked my brain and polled about 50 people, asking what that’s called. I’m sure there is probly some fancy-schmancy scientific terminology for it but that’s not what I’m talking about. I want an everyday word for it. All I can come up with is “seeing your breath.” It seems to me, a very lame way to label kind of a cool (no pun intended) phenomenon. Who has time to say that? There should be one word. Let’s come up with a new word. Suggestions please. Maybe we’ll vote on the best suggestion and I’ll give you a prize. Okay? Okay!