I originally posted this last year but I’m feeling kind of like this again so in the interest of time management and to remind myself, that yes, now and again I have actually put some thought into a post, I’m going to re-post this entry…
IN MY HEAD
(Originally posted April 2007)
Sometimes when life gets hectic or unmanageable or unsatisfying, I retreat to that place in my head where the world is as I would like it to be. An avoidance technique, if you will. Many would chastise me for the ridiculous amount of time I spend inside my head/haven, but I care not. I’m a tired tried-and-true Pisces through and through and it’s my prerogative…
In My Perfect World:
- The only time the Sun isn’t shining is when the Moon is.
- Each room in my home has an entire wall of drawers or cabinets labeled with its contents and everything is always where it’s supposed to be.
- Everything in my house that I do not need magically disappears. Until, of course, when I do need it and then it magically appears in the first place I look.
- There is a separate highway system for drivers who don’t know how to drive follow the rules.
- Music (in all its forms, including live concerts), medical care, and public transportation (in all its forms, worldwide) are free.
- The work week consists of three 8-hour days of your choice. I choose Tue-Thur.
- The grass in one’s yard does not grow more than 2 inches tall.
- Alcohol, cigarettes and mind-altering drugs are both good for you and not subject to government regulations.
- Chocolate grows on trees, year round.
- Hair always does exactly what you want it to.
- The same holds true for one’s spouse or significant other.
- Cashews, almonds, pistachios are all options for what one would like readily dispensed from one’s refrigerator door.
- Sex is as available as downloadable ring tones. flavored coffees.
- My mouth works in conjunction with my brain. Always.
- A good doctor/daycare/phone plan/mechanic is easier to find than a Walmart.
- Wishing makes things so.