I always tend to get pissy when I think of you all sitting in your office/cubicle/whatever this time of day while I’m slaving away at work without a computer to surf on for hours at a time instead of actually doing work. But today I got one over on you. Not only am I sitting on my butt in front of a monitor reading blogs and not working, ~ I’M DOING IT IN THE COMFORT AND PRIVACY OF MY OWN HOME.~ And you’re not. So there.
The above jab is not intended for you at-home folks who don’t fall into the cheater category…
It’s 8 am and I’ve already had my coffee on the porch, read the January issue of HARP (yeah, I’m always months behind on my reading) and wrote down a list of bands I want to check out on here. I have two iTunes cards and $25 Mastercard dollars that have been naggin’ at me to buy some tunage with. Gonna get on that in the next few days. That makes me smile.
PD and Little Ju are still sound asleep and this is the first alone time I’ve had in a while and am taking advantage of that… Here’s a question for you to ponder… If you had one entire weekend to spend alone, how would you spend it?
I have about a million answers for that. Among them:
- Finish organizing my studio so that I could actually find things and actually start a project. I’ve been itchy lately to create.
- Get caught up on much-neglected reading.
- Take a stab at finishing painting my diningroom. I’ve had one wall done for an embarrassingly long time. It’s not as preposterous as all that. There is more than just slapping paint on a wall involved. What I’ve started is wallpaper, stencilling and a certain painting technique that is sort of mottled and has kind of a stucco effect. So it will take more than a day or two per wall. Hence, the procrastination. See? I always have a really good reason when I put things off…
- Take a long drive to somewhere relaxing and just enjoy some music and my own thoughts and company.
- Get caught up with my social circle; friends I haven’t seen or talked to in awhile. That would include people I love spending time with- Ade, Natalie, Kate, Dana, Liz, just to name a few.
I can’t believe it. That’s the first time I actually turned off bullets and didn’t have to go back and fix something. Usually I manage to screw something up. (surprise.)
Yesterday my alarm went off and I couldn’t shut it off. Why? you ask. Because… I was tangled up in the sheets like a freakin’ burrito and couldn’t get my arms out. It was nuts. You know how it is when you first wake up, you’re kind of disoriented for a few seconds. I thought I’d lost my arms or something. Then when I realized what was going on, the end of the sheet was under me and I couldn’t… Anyway, it was funny after I realized all I had to do was roll over. File this one under The Adventure of Being Linda. The saga never ends…
Ok, enjoy your day. Bye.